Position Details: Required from 7th December 2020
Part Time 37 hours a week which includes 5 hours cleaning duties.
Holiday entitlement - 23 days holiday (to be taken during school holidays) plus bank holidays.
Salary Details 4.9 Caretaker / Site Supervisor
SCP From 24-27
Salary From £28,672 To £31,346 FTE
Employment Start Date: 7th December 2020
The Governing Body are keen to appoint a committed caretaker and site manager to join our successful and happy team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· To carry out a full range of duties to provide for the general security and maintenance of the school premises and surrounding site
· As the main key holder to be responsible for the security of the school premises and to assist the line manager in ensuring adequate cover is available during absences
· To supervise cleaning and / or other caretaking staff including responsibility for the allocation and appraisal of work.
· To undertake or oversee minor repairs within agreed levels of competency as agreed with the line manager
· To comply with all procedures and instructions relating to school security and confidentiality
· To comply with all health and safety regulations including undertaking necessary checks of furnishings and equipment and to report areas of concern to the line manager with recommendations for remedial action
· To be responsible for ensuring the locking and unlocking of school premises (including outside of normal school hours) and for checking / setting school security alarms as required. Responding to the security alarm or other call outs in accordance with agreed procedures
· To undertake or arrange regular checks on alarm systems and fire extinguishers and report any problems arising
· To identify and report building, furnishing or fittings deficiencies to the line manager and to undertake remedial action that may be authorised and appropriate by either undertaking necessary remedial work or delegating such work to other caretaking staff ensuring such work is within their levels of competency. The postholder will also be required, where appropriate, to obtain quotes or arrange emergency repairs by external contractors having obtained approval from the line manager
· To ensure all work undertaken is to the required standard in order to maintain the school premises and its furnishings
· To ensure that all external contractors and other persons visiting the school site(s) are accompanied and that any work undertaken complies with safe working practices reporting any concerns to the line manager
· To check the quality of all maintenance / remedial work is of the required standard reporting any concerns to the line manager
· To be responsible for arranging for the delivery of stores, goods and equipment and arrange storage or distribution as required
· To arrange for regular checks and report any defects to the school heating systems to the line manager and to monitor usage of electricity, water and any other fuel by taking such meter readings that may be required
· To supervise and set out and put away furniture and other equipment required for school events and manage general portering duties as required by the line manager
· To hand in any sensitive or confidential material found to the line manager or other appropriate person for safekeeping
Experience · Previous experience of supervising staff
Qualification · None but are able to undertake or oversee repairs to school buildings, fixtures, and furniture.
Knowledge / Skills · Able to manage and motivate a team of cleaning staff · Good knowledge of safe working practices and health and safety procedures · Thoroughness and ability to work to pre-set timescales · Good organisation and communication skills
Closing Date: Completed application forms to be returned to the Headteacher, Mrs Lynne Williams, at the School by noon, 4th November 2020.
As this post will result in you having substantial contact with children, and/or vulnerable adults the successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Interview Date (if known): To be arranged. Visits to school can be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
Further information may be found at:
School Address: Bryn Coch School, Mold
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are not always able to contact each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date you should assume that your application has not been successful.
Ysgol Bryn Coch C.P. is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.