A'LEVEL PHYSICS TEACHER
Salary Grade: MPS - UPS
Salary Band: £24,372 - £40,490 per annum
Contract Type: All Year Round
Contract Term: Fixed Term for one year
Closing Date: 21 July (interviews will commence prior to the closing date)
Interview Date: tbc
Hours: 5 hpw
Start: September 2020
About the Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher to join this fantastic school based in Reading. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and well qualified teacher in a successful and forward looking faculty. The ideal candidate for the post would be able to offer teaching to at least GCSE, but there is flexibilty around teaching. A comprehensive programme of support and training will be made available to the successful applicant.
The faculty is a strong, popular, successful and well led area of the school which benefits from excellent facilities. A popular mix of academic and applied courses are taught at KS4 and KS5, ensuring that all students enjoy science and make excellent progress.
We therefore wish to appoint a Teacher with drive, energy and enthusiasm, who is keen to join the positive, driven and friendly team at our School.
The successful candidate will be
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
More detail can be found in the supporting job description attached. Visits to the school are most welcome, please contact the school on 0118-937-0200 to book an appointment. Please see the link direct to our school website to learn more about us!
We Can Offer You
- A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
Are you looking to move into the area?
It's an exciting prospect to be moving into Reading or neighbouring Berkshire areas. To help you with your search whether you are looking to buy or rent, Right Move has the latest on properties for you to consider!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
John Madejski Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.