BeyondAutism are looking for an experienced ABA/VB practitioner to join our growing organisation
Salary scale: £30,766 - £43,164, dependent on qualifications and experience
Details: Full time, fixed term (8 months)
Holiday: School holidays
BeyondAutism is a charity dedicated to empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives through positive educational experiences, training for the people who work with them and support for their families and carers. We run Independent Special Schools for children aged 4-19, a Post-19 service, Outreach and Training and the beginnings of an Early Years’ service.
We are looking for an experienced ABA/VB Practitioner to develop and monitor ABA/VB programmes for an assigned number of pupils. They will be responsible for the leadership of a class with the school providing guidance, support and training to ABA Instructors and their teams, monitoring all aspects of their work. The successful candidate will oversee the education of our pupils, developing appropriate curriculum plans and behaviour strategies.
This is an exciting time of development for the organisation and we are looking for a motivated, adaptable and proactive individual, interested in a long-term career in ABA, to join our dedicated team. Applicants must have completed some formal coursework in ABA and ideally be working towards BCaBA or BCBA status. Ongoing supervision by a BCBA will be part of the role. Applications from Practitioners who have already achieved BCBA/BCaBA accreditation are also welcome.
An excellent communicator, you will have a high attention to detail and have the ability to manage a varied and busy workload. You will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, whose proactive and personable approach will maximise pupil progress and promote good teaching practice. A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is essential to this role as well as a passion for the work of the organisation.
What we offer
• An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education.
• A range of fantastic staff benefits.
• Ongoing support from a dedicated team who shares in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives.
• Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training.
Who we are looking for
• We’re looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated individuals who share our mission of empowering children with autism to lead fuller lives.
• You will be a strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of the children within the school.
• You will need to be willing to learn and work in close collaboration with our Therapists, Behaviour Analysts and Qualified Teachers.
For further information, please see the Job Description and Person Specification.
Closing date: Friday 28th February 2020
Interviews to take place on: w/c 2nd March 2020
Date of commencement: Monday 20th April 2020
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.
Beyond Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.