SALARY SCALE: £32,015 - £36,926, FTE dependent on qualifications and experience
HOURS: 3x days per week
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Head of School
LINE MANAGER: ABA Consultant
LOCATION: Park House School, 48 North Side Wandsworth Common, London SW18 2SL
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: Six months
HOLIDAY: The school year for pupils is approximately 40 weeks. All school closures are non-working days.
OTHER BENEFITS: Pension: 3, 4 or 5% matched contributions after 3 months in post, loans for Season Tickets / Bike purchase
BeyondAutism is a registered charity dedicated to launching lives through education and training. Using specialist teaching methods we make breakthroughs in communication that dramatically improve a child’s ability to cope and make sense of a confusing world. We empower people with autism to live fuller lives and we enable families to cope, so that they can see beyond to a brighter future. In addition to running BeyondAutism Schools, BeyondAutism also offers outreach, training and consultancy services and is developing post-19 provision.
You will provide Leadership of one class within the school providing guidance, support and training to your team, monitor all aspects of their work. The successful candidate will oversee the education of our pupils, developing appropriate curriculum plans and behaviour strategies.
This is an exciting time of development for the organisation and we are looking for a motivated, adaptable and proactive individual, interested in a long-term career in ABA, to join our dedicated team. Applicants must have completed some formal coursework in ABA and ideally be working towards BCaBA or BCBA status. Ongoing supervision by a BCBA will be part of the role. Applications from Practitioners who have already achieved BCBA/BCaBA accreditation are also welcome.
An excellent communicator, you will have a high attention to detail and have the ability to manage a varied and busy workload. You will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, whose proactive and personable approach will maximise pupil progress and promote good teaching practice. A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is essential to this role as well as a passion for the work of the organisation.
What we offer
• An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education.
• A range of fantastic staff benefits.
• Ongoing support from a dedicated team who shares in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives.
• Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training.
Who we are looking for
• We’re looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated individuals who share our mission of empowering children with autism to lead fuller lives.
• You will be a strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of the children within the school.
• You will need to be willing to learn and work in close collaboration with our Therapists, Behaviour Analysts and Qualified Teachers.
Beyond Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.