ABA TUTOR – EARLY YEARS, PART TIME
Salary: £18,000 increasing to £20,000 (pro rota) depending on performance
Hours: 22.5 per week (Tues-Thurs), Permanent.
Start Date: April/May
Location: 18 Blythe Road, Bromley, BR1 3RX
• To run programmes for children and their parents in our Early Years Provision, gather and analyse data.
• To plan and deliver engaging and stimulating activities for young children in the programme
• To actively support and empower families, explain and model effective strategies and teach skills to parents during the workshops to develop their child`s speech and communication skills through play.
• A-Level or recognised Childcare qualification
For experienced tutors working towards their BCBA qualification, there is a potential for BCBA supervision hours after completing their probation period. This is based on competency and performance.
The ideal candidate
• An interest in working with children with special needs including autism
• Experience of working with children and/or adults with special needs (desirable)
• Strong team-player with great communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Passionate and committed to the development of the children within the school
• Willing to learn and work under the supervision of the Supervisors, Behaviour Analysts and Qualified Teachers
Why Choose us?
BeyondAutism is a charity dedicated to empowering children and young people with autism to lead fuller lives through positive educational experiences, training for those working with them and support for their families and carers. We successfully run Independent Special Schools for children aged 4-19, a Post-19 service, Outreach and Training and the beginnings of an Early Years’ service. Our two schools have recently received 'Outstanding' Ofsted ratings. You will join a supportive staff team where teamwork, flexibility and a positive personality are essential attributes.
Our fundamental objective is to provide an education which equips young people with autism for adulthood. Managed on a not-for-profit basis by BeyondAutism (previously known as Rainbow School), was established in 2000 and is committed to the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (using Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behaviour). To find out more about more, please visit our website.
What we Offer
• An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education.
• A range of fantastic staff benefits.
• Ongoing support from a dedicated team who shares in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives.
• Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training.
Closing date: Sunday 18th of April 2021
Beyond Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.