JOB OVERVIEW - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Cardiff Sixth Form College. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: The role of the Academic and Exams Administrator is to oversee all aspects of examinations management within the College, ensuring the efficient and accurate organisation and administration of all aspects of the school’s examinations processes (both internal and external), in line with awarding body regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will also be responsible for data management, academic timetabling, information recording, system reports and room booking requirements.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
• Have excellent administrative skills and computer literacy
• Have experience working with iSAMS (preferable, but not essential)
• Be articulate & able to deal sensitively with a variety of situations
• Be able to organise work without supervision, be adaptable and show good judgement
• Work effectively with other people by being self-aware; treating people equally and sensitively, whilst ensuring all aspects of confidentiality are maintained
• Develop good working relationships with colleagues, and sharing knowledge and best practice
• Have the ability to manage difficult situations if they should arise
• Demonstrate individual initiative and an ability to complete tasks without supervision whilst also functioning as a part of a team
• Communicate clearly by getting the message across effectively, listening carefully and responding to feedback
• Represent CSFC professionally and adhere to the highest levels of customer service with all stakeholders including students, parents, agents, guardians and external service providers.
Cardiff Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We require all our staff to undergo a DBS check.