A brand new UK / Cambridge curriculum school is seeking an Academic Coordinator to be part of the Senior Team involved in the pre-operational set up. The school is set to open for the start of the academic year in April 2022. Start date - October 2021 or as soon as possible.
The school is located approximately 18km from Aligarh, 130km South East of New Delhi, approximately 60km from the Taj Mahal.
The school is seeking an Academic Coordinator who will support the Principal in the leadership of this exciting new project. The school is investing in new premises including state of the art facilities such as modern science labs, equestrian centre, swimming pool, libraries, etc.
Education, training and qualifications
• Working knowledge of the National Curriculum including IGCSE/GCSE and A Levels as appropriate
• Evidence of relevant and challenging continuing professional development
• Experience of curriculum leadership
Knowledge and experience
• Minimum two years’ teaching experience
• Be aware and up to date in all relevant safeguarding polices and practice
• Knowledge and experience of how to use of ICT effectively in promoting student learning
• Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
• Previous experience or knowledge of working with students for whom English is not their first language
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
• Passionate about teaching and a strong commitment to holistic education
• The ability to inspire students through a genuine passion for learning and a desire to lead them towards outstanding academic outcomes
• Apositive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• Highly motivated, ambitious and collaborative
• Demonstrate empathy, humility and genuinely care about children, taking the time to listen and motivate them.
Please note that this is a class-based role, and this person specification accompanies a School Class Teacher description. The successful candidate will teach 50% of the teaching load of a full-time class teacher. Responsibilities include:
• Model and promote best practice in the teaching and learning in the subject
• Establish, evaluate and develop the academic aims and standards of the Maths, English, and Science curriculum and assessment
• Takeover all responsibility for School curriculum leadership
• Lead on pedagogical initiatives and approaches
• Keep up to date with changes and initiatives in education
• Lead on pupil progress and tracking systems in core subject areas
• Assist the School in establishing and maintaining a vibrant and thriving school
Ensure that quality educational programmes take place in a safe, positive and healthy learning environment
What's in it for you?
- attractive salary and benefits package including new school provided accommodation, annual flights allowance, private medical insurance, relocation allowance
- an opportunity to be part of the foundation of a new school project
- explore Asia using the breath-taking scenery of Northern India as your base
The school has a Child Safeguarding and Recruitment Policy requiring that all applicants provide a current clear DBS/ Police Check prior to employment.