Academic Improvement Mentor – (full or part time, term time, plus additional weeks/College holidays as agreed, Fixed Term Contract until 25th June 2021)
Hours will be worked as and when required by agreement, between the hours of 8.30am and 5.00pm for up to 37 hours per week.
Required to support a range of subject areas including Geography and Science.
Some of this work will be supporting study clubs after college and/or at weekends.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Will work with students on a one-to-one or small group basis
• Have a high level of academic literacy and good subject knowledge
• Have up to date knowledge of the national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes/strategies
• Have experience of coaching young people
• Have an understanding of learning, teaching and assessment processes
Sixth Form Colleges’ Support Staff Pay Spine Point 14 £16,825 (£8.74 per hour). This will be pro rated according to hours worked per week, weeks worked per year and the fixed term period.
For example (based on working 33 weeks per year):
15 hours per week – annual pro rated salary £4,958
25 hours per week – annual pro rated salary £8,264
37 hours per week – annual pro rated salary £12,230
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date for receipt of all completed applications: Monday 30th November 2020
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.