Part Time, 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Pro-rata Salary: £20,898 to £22,048 per annum, depending on experience (NJC 5, point 12-15, full
time equivalent salary £25,135 to £26,519 per annum)
Starting date: 1 September 2021
We are looking for an organised person who is able to prioritise workload and has the ability to work independently as well as being part of a team. You will be a key person liaising with both students and staff as well as providing cover supervision for lessons in the case of staff absence (lesson plans / work will be provided). In turn you will be part of both a cohesive team and a school which prides itself on providing the best opportunities and outcomes for its students.
- is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
- believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times;
- values and promotes continued CPD. Waldegrave is a teaching school and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
- has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
- is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoy a thriving, growing sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
- a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
- a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
- a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
- on-site parking;
- close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
- after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, which may be corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.
The Waldegrave Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought.