Location: Leicester, city centre.
Opportunity for dedicated and enthusiastic leader to join the Senior Leadership Team at Castle Mead Academy, as part of The Mead Educational Trust.
In August 2019, Castle Mead Academy, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors and welcomed our first year 7 cohort. By 2024, the eight form entry school will be at capacity with a cohort of 1200 pupils. Building on the success of Rushey Mead Academy, Castle Mead will make available in the heart of Leicester a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country so that every pupil leaves with high value academic qualifications and wider positive dispositions to enable them to seize opportunities post-16 and lead fulfilling lives.
We are recruiting an Academy Manager who will be an integral part of our staff team, to help realise our vision and “Grow a Community of Excellence.” This role would suit an existing or aspiring Business Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who is:
• Looking to lead and take responsibility in shaping the strategic and cultural direction of a new school;
• Will thrive in setting precedent and establishing ‘the way we do things here’;
• Going to lead the growth of the support services functions of our school;
• Going to work directly alongside the Principal and other Senior Leaders as part of the SLT;
• Wanting to advance their skills and grow their career with the academy.
This is a unique opportunity to lead in a school where:
• there is a calm orderly environment with rigorous routines so as teachers can teach without interruption;
• there is an emphasis on staff professional growth, with integrated professional learning and coaching;
• we challenge convention, distribute leadership and consistently consider staff workload;
• you will be able to draw upon the strength and expertise of colleagues at Rushey Mead Academy, outstanding since 2007 and in the top 1% of schools nationally for Progress 8 in 2019;
• the staff team are relentless in their ambition on behalf of pupils and colleagues;
• there is a growing reputation of Castle Mead providing excellence in the heart of Leicester.
To apply, please submit your application by Monday 16th November 2020. For further information, a confidential discussion or any technical queries please contact Tom Hague, Principal.
Closing Date: 16th November, 12:00 noon
Interviews: w/c 23rd November
Salary: LG Band 9, £35,745 - £38,890
Application Pack, Academy Manager, Castle Mead Academy
Job Description and Person Specification, Academy Manager, Castle Mead Academy
Castle Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.