Unique opportunity to be part of the founding senior leadership team setting up a brand-new secondary school in the west of Leicester, Brook Mead Academy, as part of The Mead Educational Trust.
In August 2021, Brook Mead Academy, a non-selective secondary school, will open its doors and welcome our first year 7 cohort. By 2023, when we move to our newly built permanent building, we will be welcoming 300 pupils each year. Building on the success of Rushey Mead Academy, Brook Mead will make available a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country so that every pupil leaves with high value academic qualifications and wider positive dispositions to enable them to seize opportunities post-16 and lead fulfilling lives.
We are recruiting an Academy Manager who will be an integral part of our founding staff team, to help realise our vision and “Build Better Futures.” This role will suit an existing or aspiring Business Manager who would relish an unmissable opportunity to shape a staff team and operation functions from scratch in a brand-new school.
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who wants to:
• lead in shaping the strategic and cultural direction of a new school;
• to establish ‘the way we do things here’ in operational matters;
• lead the growth of the support services functions year on year and contribute to the building project of a brand-new school for 1500 pupils;
• work directly alongside the Principal and other Senior Leaders as part of the SLT;
• advance their skills and grow their career with the academy and wider trust team.
Brook Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.