Achievement Support Assistant, Level 2 – Fixed Term (initially)
Starting date: 7th January 2021 (or sooner by negotiation) until 31 August 2021
Hours: 27 hours per week
Grade 4: £19,312 to £20,092 per annum (pro rata)
Woodland Primary School are seeking to employ a hard-working and reliable Grade 4 Achievement Support Assistant for a demanding but exciting role within the school. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a caring, adaptable ASA to support teaching and learning across the school. The post will involve supporting children of different abilities, including those that are more able as well as children with additional needs. The role is not classroom based initially.
Woodland Primary School is a smaller than average primary school with 205 children. Our school is proud of its links with the community and pride ourselves on our positive relationships with our families. Our children are at the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidate will need:
• Excellent English, maths and communication skills – as part of the role you will be supporting Y6 children with revision work
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team
• An understanding of how to promote learning
• The ability to help children to make accelerated progress
• Experience of working with children of all abilities - additional support needs and more able
• The ability to set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
• The ability to undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities were appropriate.
• The ability to support the academic, social and emotional development of individuals and groups of pupils.
• The ability to deliver 1:1 programmes if/when required.
We offer excellent professional development opportunities as well as:
• A team that is highly committed to developing others
• An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work
• Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn
• A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviours and high expectations for all children
• A school excited about moving forward
Humber Education Trust is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced level disclosure and satisfactory references.
Closing date: Friday 6th November, 9am
Interview date: Week commencing 16th November
It is not currently possible to visit arrange visits to the school due to Covid-19. If you are interested in finding out more about the school, please call the school office on 01482-787000 and visit the school website.
Woodland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.