Biggin Hill Primary School have an exciting opportunity for a highly effective Achievement Support Assistant to support the teaching and learning of pupils across key stage 2.
Post: Achievement Support Assistant (Generic, SEN, EAL, EYFS, 1:1)
Grade: 4, scale point 5 - 7
Hours: 30 per week, term time only
Salary: £12,992 - £13,516 actual salary per annum
The role entails providing general classroom support to the teacher by:
- Setting challenging and demanding expectations promoting self-esteem and independence.
- Undertaking structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities were appropriate.
- Supporting the academic, social, emotional and development of individuals and groups of pupils understanding clearly how pupils’ learn.
- Providing effective support to maximise attainment and accelerate the progress of individuals and groups of pupils
- Delivering 1:1 programmes if/when required.
- Providing specialist support and liaising with external agencies when required.
More information about the post and the essential criteria can be found in the attached job description. As an employee of the trust you may be required to work at other schools within the trust as part of collaborative working.
Why choose Biggin Hill?
Biggin Hill Primary School is part of Horizon Academy Trust - a caring community of children, parents, staff and governors. Together we continually strive to provide a happy, supportive and safe environment for children to learn and realise their potential. This post present the right candidate with the chance to make a significant contribution to the future development of the school and to the outcomes of our pupils. If you would like to find out more, please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
We can offer:
- A supportive, friendly and dedicated staff team.
- Positive, well behaved and happy children who are eager to learn.
- A vision that is underpinned by high expectations and wanting the very best for our pupils.
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Employee Pension Scheme (East Riding Pension Fund)
Interviews: Tuesday 10th November 2020
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to an enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Horizon Academy Trust is fully committed to achieving fairness and equality in employment and seeks to achieve a workforce which reflects the diversity of the community it serves. No job applicant or employee will be treated less favourably or disadvantaged, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of gender, gender identity, nationality or ethnic origin, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or any other unjustifiable reason.