Achievement Support Assistant (DBS)
Initially, the post will be fixed term until 31 August 2021 in the first instance (but could be made permanent).
Grade 4 (5 days a week, 8.30am-15.20pm) – 30 hours 25 minutes per week
Adelaide Primary School requires an Achievement Support Assistant to start as soon as possible
Our school is an exciting inner-city school that provides a first class educational experience to all children. We are a diverse, inclusive school and value and celebrate individuality and differences.
We require someone who:
• can provide effective support to individual and small groups of children;
• can support the academic, social and emotional development of individuals and groups of pupils, understanding clearly how they learn;
• can provide effective support to maximise the attainment and accelerate the progress of individuals and groups of pupils;
• preferably has NVQ L2 Teaching Assistant Qualification but must have GCSE Maths & English (Grade C or above – or equivalent qualification);
• is flexible, dedicated and prepared ‘go above and beyond’ to ensure our children make outstanding progress;
• has high expectations, is motivated and enjoys working as part of a team.
We can offer:
• the opportunity to work with delightful children;
• the opportunity to work within a highly committed team;
• an excellent working environment and high quality resources;
• opportunities to take part in quality CPD;
• the support of a committed and experienced governing body.
This post would suit both those looking to gain primary experience before commencing teacher training or experienced ASAs. If you believe you are the right person for the job then we would love to hear from you!
Adelaide Primary is part of the Humber Education Trust, which comprises of twelve primary and four special schools, all based in Hull and Grimsby. For more information, please visit the Trust website .
Closing Date is Monday 9th November at 12pm
Shortlisting will take place Tuesday 10th November
Interviews will take place w/c 16th November
Any questions about the application process please contact:
Lynn Cawood – Business Manager
Adelaide Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Adelaide Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.