An exciting opportunity has arisen for a caring, adaptable Achievement Support Assistant to support teaching and learning in our Early Years Setting. The post will involve general classroom support as well as providing support to groups and individual pupils.
The post will start in January 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter, and is permanent
The successful candidate will:
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities were appropriate.
- Have an understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and child development.
- Support the academic, social and emotional development of individuals and groups of pupils.
- Provide effective support to maximise attainment and accelerate the progress of individuals and groups of pupils.
- Deliver 1:1 programmes including phonics (RWI), maths and guided reading.
- Provide specialist support and liaise with external agencies when required.
Further information regarding the post can be found in the job description.
Hours: 27.5 hours per week, term time only
Grade: 4, spinal column points 5 - 7
Salary: £11,961 - £12,444 actual salary per annum
Why choose Biggin Hill?
Biggin Hill Primary School is part of Horizon Academy Trust - a caring community of children, parents, staff and governors. Together we continually strive to provide a happy, supportive and safe environment for children to learn and realise their potential. This post presents the right candidate with the chance to make a significant contribution to the future development of the school and to the outcomes of our pupils. If you would like to find out more, please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
We can offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in a well-run and respected school.
- Positive, well behaved and happy children who are eager to learn.
- A vision that is underpinned by high expectations and wanting the very best for our pupils.
- Pension Scheme.
- Term-time hours
As an employee of the trust you may be required to work at other schools within the MAT.
Closing Date: 4 January 2021 - 9am
Interviews: 11 January 2021
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to an enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Horizon Academy Trust is fully committed to achieving fairness and equality in employment and seeks to achieve a workforce which reflects the diversity of the community it serves. No job applicant or employee will be treated less favourably or disadvantaged, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of gender, gender identity, nationality or ethnic origin, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or any other unjustifiable reason.