Achievement Support Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Fixed term for one year
Grade 4 (5 days a week, 8.30am-3.30pm) - 32.5 hours per week
Clifton Primary School requires an Achievement Support Assistant 1:1 to start in September.
Our school is an exciting inner-city school that provides a first class educational experience to all children. We are a diverse, inclusive school and value and celebrate individuality and differences.
We require someone who:
• can provide effective support to individual and small groups of children;
• can support the academic, social and emotional development of individuals and groups of pupils, understanding clearly how they learn;
• can provide effective support to maximise the attainment and accelerate the progress of individuals and groups of pupils;
• preferably has NVQ L2 Teaching Assistant Qualification but must have GCSE Maths & English (Grade C or above – or equivalent qualification);
• is flexible, dedicated and prepared ‘go above and beyond’ to ensure our children make outstanding progress;
• has high expectations, is motivated and enjoys working as part of a team.
We can offer:
• the opportunity to work with delightful children;
• the opportunity to work within a highly committed team;
• an excellent working environment and high quality resources;
• opportunities to take part in quality CPD;
• the support of a committed and experienced governing body.
This post would suit both those looking to gain primary experience before commencing teacher training or experienced ASAs. If you believe you are the right person for the job then we would love to hear from you!
Clifton Primary is part of the Humber Education Trust, which comprises of twelve primary and four special schools, all based in Hull and Grimsby. For more information, please visit the Trust website .
Closing Date is Sunday 4th July 2021
Shortlisting will take place Monday 5th July 2021
Interviews will take place Thursday 8th July 2021
Any questions about the application process please contact:
Carla Varley - HR Administrator
Clifton Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.