Achievement Support Assistant – Fixed term 1yr
Salary: Initial Salary: Grade 4, (16.25 hours – Mon – Fri mornings)
Start Date: September 2021
Closing Date for applications: Noon on Friday 2nd July, 2021
Stoneferry Primary School is a small school with around 200 pupils on roll, situated in the East of the City of Hull. The school was judged to be good by Ofsted in June 2015. The Local Governing Body are seeking to appoint a dynamic Support Assistant to join our team for a fixed period of 1 year to cover a period of maternity leave.
The school is part of The Constellation Trust, which is a Multi-Academy Trust comprising of two secondary schools, seven primary schools and a pupil referral unit.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and caring individual with outstanding interpersonal skills who will work with the class teachers to meet the needs of pupils across Key Stage 1. The new member of staff will deliver small group and 1:1 suport to pupils, as well as delivering phonics daily through the Read Write Inc scheme. The successful candidate will work closely with the Key Stage 1 staff so that the children’s needs are met.
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
- have experience of teaching and delivering phonics (ideally Read Write Inc)
- have a clear understanding of how to develop and contribute towards outstanding provision across Key Stage 1
- have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- have a clear emotional well-being philosophy
- have a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- be hardworking, open minded and flexible in character
We will offer:
- hard working, enthusiastic pupils who are proud of their school.
- A hard working and enthusiastic staff team who are committed to the children and staff well being
- opportunities to work with staff beyond our school.
- high quality support from the Governing Body.
- opportunities to further develop professional skills.
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged.
Please contact the school to discuss the role or to arrange a visit.
Stoneferry Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.