Grade & Scale point: 4, SCP 5-7
Salary: £19,312 - £20,092 Full time equivalent
£13,230 - £13,764 Actual salary
Hours of work: 30 hours 25 minutes per week
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 15.20pm
Contract: Maternity Cover - Fixed term until 31 August 22
Term time only
Start date: October 2021
Adelaide Primary School requires an Achievement Support Assistant to start as soon as possible.
Our school is an exciting inner-city school that provides a first class educational experience to all children. We are a diverse, inclusive school and value and celebrate individuality and differences.
• Contribute to planning and evaluation of learning and assists in the recording of pupils’ progress
• Support individual and small groups of children in the curriculum, to accelerate their learning
• Support the emotional, behavioural and pastoral needs of all pupils, including children with additional needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
• Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education / Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
• Encourages pupils to develop as independent learners with a thirst for learning
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English and Maths Grade A-C (or equivalent)
• Understanding of National Curriculum, EYFS Guidance and other codes of practice e.g. SEN, Equalities, Safeguarding
• Effective use of ICT to support teaching and learning
• Ability to interact well using courtesy, tact and diplomacy and negotiation skills
• Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children and young people.
If you believe in the children in Hull, are passionate about our community and truly want to make a difference then we would love to hear from you.
AS A MEMBER OF HUMBER EDUCATION TRUST, WE OFFER:
• Commitment to securing the very best provision and outcomes for all children.
• A Trust with expertise in every area of the curriculum, both in primary and special settings, through our S2S Support Leaders and Peers network.
• Outstanding individually tailored continual professional development for staff at all levels.
• Staff who feel valued and supported in their roles.
• A caring and safe environment where we recognise the diverse needs of our community, ensuring our young people from all backgrounds thrive.
• Ethical working with mutual respect and collaboration.
Visits to our school are welcome by appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete an application form and submit via ETeach. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Early application is encouraged. We will review applications throughout the advertising period and therefore reserve the right to close the advert early should sufficient applications be received.
Closing date for completed applications: 8am, Monday 4 October 2021
Interviews to be held: Thursday, 7 October 2021
If you have any queries regarding the role or application process, please contact: Carla Varley, HR Administrator, at Adelaide Primary School.
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service, Children’s Barred List Check, Section 128 check where applicable, identity checks, medical clearance, proof of qualifications, satisfactory references and eligibility to work in the UK checks.
Adelaide Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.