St. Cadoc’s Catholic Primary School
Shaw Close. Llanrumney, Cardiff CF3 5NX
NOR: 330 ISR: 18-24
Post Ref ED50052503
£60,153 - £69,673
L18 – L24
Required for 1st September 2019 – 31st August 2020
We are a vibrant, happy and successful school who values each member of the school community, and inspires and nurtures them to achieve their best. The Governors wish to appoint a highly motivated Acting Headteacher to cover the maternity leave of a member of staff who in turn is covering the secondment of the Headteacher.
We are seeking an Acting Headteacher who:
• Is a committed practising Catholic with a strong personal faith
• Fully shares in our Catholic ethos
• Enjoys leading, supporting, challenging and inspiring others in search of excellence
• Has vision, motivation and experience to drive improvement
• Demonstrates excellent organisation and communication skills to work effectively in partnership with staff, parents, pupils, governors and the local and wider community
• Uses their initiative to respond to school needs
• Will contribute fully to all aspects of school life
The school offers:
• A strong Catholic ethos where everyone is valued
• Motivated, enthusiastic children who enjoy coming to school and learning
• A highly committed and talented staff team
• Supportive and committed governors who have a very positive impact on the school
• A commitment to developing a curriculum which is relevant and engaging to learners
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works at for an application pack quoting reference: ED50052503 and the job title.
Please contact the school for an application pack.
Applicants must use the current CES ‘Senior Leadership’ application forms which can be downloaded from the CES website or are available from the school. CES Monitoring Information Form and R.O.A. Disclosure Form must also be completed and returned.
Completed applications should be returned to the school address or via e mail by 16.00 on Friday 7th June 2019.
Interviews will take place on Friday 21st June 2019.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
St Cadoc's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.