Core subject KS2 - 4 tutors for Young People with Additional Educational Needs required in your area.
Please note, this is not an online only role.
This role offers a gross payment of £30p/h. This is constituted of a rate for tutoring of £26.77p/h + £3.23p/h holiday pay at 12.07%.
There are over 2 million vulnerable children in the UK and 1.6 million of these have no established, recognised form of education support to meet their needs.
Targeted Provision was created to ensure that young people who are not receiving the support they need from mainstream education, are catered for.
We take our child-centred approach and the wellbeing and professional development of our tutors very seriously; we understand that without great tutors, young people cannot receive the tuition they need.
- Professional Teaching Qualifications (QTS)
- Minimum 1 year teaching experience
- Experience working with young people with additional educational needs is highly desirable.
- Enhanced DBS (we can help obtain this at cost if needed)
- Two professional references
- It is a strict requirement that you have the ability to work in a way that promotes the health, safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- We support every placement and every tutor with our in-house team of SENDCos and Education Welfare Officers to ensure we keep a team around you and around the Young Person
- Our Support Team are always on hand to offer their guidance and support on any matter related to the education and welfare of our Young People
- CPD opportunities and internal training are made available to every active tutor to ensure you are best equipped to provide a high quality of support
- We invite every active tutor to join our tutor community, where our tutors and ourselves share best practice, resources, and tips
- We run termly events to give you the opportunity to get to know other tutors in your area and further afield
- We offer the opportunity for flexible working and there will be no obligation placed upon you to accept work we offer you.
- This position involves engaging with us as a Worker, to provide short-term engagements as and when they arise.
- You will work through a contract for service and will be paid via PAYE.
- We do not offer any set amount of work nor expenses coverage
- Our insurance covers the work you do for us.
We look forward to receiving your application, outlining your relevant skills and experience that can help make a difference.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two weeks.
We are keen to hear from candidates from all backgrounds. The over 2 million vulnerable children in the UK are disproportionately constituted of the BAME and LGTBQIA+ communities, as well as by people who identify as working class or have done so in the past, people with disabilities, refugees and migrants, and people living with mental health conditions. It is integral to our mission of raising the standard of support for the UK's vulnerable learners that we engage tutors from all backgrounds so that our tutors can share/relate to the experiences of our students.
Interviews are being scheduled on a rolling basis.
Targeted Provision is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.