Salary: BSM B Grade
Contract Type: 19 Hours
Start date: 1st September 2021
ABOUT CHURCHWARD SCHOOL:
Churchward School is a forward-thinking and innovative special school with a very exciting future ahead of us. Having recently opened as an 11-19 free school on the outskirts of Swindon, we are currently in temporary buildings whilst we design our new purpose-built school that will accommodate 75 students with a diagnosis of autism and/or social communication and interaction difficulties.
Our vision is that every student, regardless of their background or the challenges they face, can succeed, and gain meaningful qualifications that support the next steps in their lives, whatever that may be. We work closely with external providers and outside agencies to create the best academic and therapeutic curriculum possible for each individual student.
If you have the following skills, we would love to hear from you:
• Do you have excellent IT skills in word processing and databases?
• Have you the ability to work independently and as part of a team?
• Are you able to multi-task and work to deadlines?
• Do you have a sense of humour?
We offer you:
• Excellent professional development and promotion opportunities
• Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers
• Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors
• An opportunity to shape the future of the school and the staff and students within it
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check, references & medical clearance. We are committed to equal opportunities.
We have very high aspirations for all our students and are looking for someone who shares our beliefs and values.
CLOSING DATE: 1st July 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: 12th & 13th July 2021
Churchward School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.