Dubai Heights Academy requires a full time Administration Manager to provide professional support to the Principal and the Senior Leadership Team. The position represents an outstanding opportunity for a suitably dynamic, experienced and well-qualified professional, who has excellent administrative and PA skills. S/he is the lead administrator for HR and the schools administration requirements.
Dubai Heights Academy is a warm and welcoming place to work. Located in the Al Barsha South area of Dubai, this is an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and dynamic senior administrator to join our team.
We opened in 2017 and offer an inclusive, exciting and outstanding education to an international community of students from FS1 to Year 8 and will continue to grow organically to Year 13.
The campus is state-of-the-art with separate buildings for each phase as well as a 380 seat auditorium. There are three temperature controlled swimming pools, fully equipped science and computer labs, specialist rooms for art, DT, music, and drama, a library, two multipurpose sports halls, a full size football pitch, a variety of outdoor play areas and a spacious canteen.
Dubai Heights Academy provides a curriculum that meets the needs of all of our students and follows the National Curriculum for England as the basis of its curriculum. This has been tailored to comply with local requirements and supplemented with Arabic language, Islamic Studies, Moral Education and Social Studies. In addition, Dubai Heights Academy has partnered with MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) to develop and deliver a bespoke AI (artificial intelligence) project-based programme for Key Stage 3 students, to further enrich our broad and balanced curriculum.
We are driven by an underlying philosophy captured by our school ethos of ‘Every Child, Every Mind and Everybody matters’ and believe that every student deserves the best possible education, regardless of background and ability.
The ideal candidate will be characterised by a willingness to go the extra mile in order to ensure the schools administration runs efficiently and will have a natural capacity for creating a dynamic and innovative administration team. You will be energetic, adaptable and self motivated, possessing sound organisational and administrative skills. With a keen eye for detail, the skills to create and use effective systems and procedures, as well as a calm and empathetic nature, you will lead a team of administrators whose aim is to transform the academic expectations and achievements of students who join Dubai Heights Academy.
You will work under the direction of the Principal and Vice Principal.
The successful applicant will be required to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree level qualification or equivalent work experience in either customer service, HR or business administration
- Proven experience as an office manager/PA/HR manager or other relevant senior administrative position
- Experience in a school setting or similar environment
- Excellent IT skills (management of information, running bespoke reports, spreadsheets, databases, Google suite of applications and/or Microsoft Office)
- Excellent written, verbal and numerical skills
- Highest standards of customer relations
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Resilience and ability to stay calm when under pressure
- Flexibility to offer some evening and weekend work from time to time, as linked to the demands of the role
- Willingness to cover tasks of other members of the administration team
- Ensure that the schools admissions data and procedures are compliant with all regulatory bodies and to keep abreast of Dubai’s laws, regulations and rules
In return we can offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- A collaborative and supportive attitude amongst staff which promotes a sense of teamwork and unity
- A Senior Leadership team who is committed to promoting the best environment and outcomes for staff and students
Our Compensation and Benefits package includes:
- Competitive tax-free salary
- Visa & Medical Insurance if required
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
- Discounted tuition fees for up to two children
Interviews will take place at Dubai Heights Academy or via Zoom, should a face to face interview not be possible. Interviews may take place ahead of the closing date so an early application is advantageous.
Whilst we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dubai Heights Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.