The Catch22 Multi Academies Trust is the vehicle for our sponsorship of an expanding number of academies focusing on learners who can benefit from small, supportive alternative education provision.
The Austen Academy is a purpose built Special Free school, due to open on 19th April 2021. We support children with Autism and Social Communication Needs.
You will be communicating at all levels of seniority and relating to a diverse range of people and situations. You will also be overseeing the delivery of efficient and effective administrative systems and procedures, and will provide personal assistance to the Headteacher.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Providing a comprehensive and fully confidential secretarial service to the Headteacher, dealing with all matters with discretion and diplomacy
- Holding the school’s calendar and meet regularly with the Headteacher to review and plan for upcoming events.
- Monitoring the accuracy of the Single Central record (including adding in supply staff, volunteers, governors etc.) under the guidance of the Headteacher.
- Acting as point of contact for general parent, pupil, agencies and visitor enquiries.
- GCSE grade C+ in English and Maths (or a recognised /equivalent qualification).
- Qualification in Business or Office Administration is desirable, but not essential.
- In-depth SIMS experience
- Proficient user of ICT equipment including databases, spreadsheets and other software products with specific knowledge of SIMS, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience of uploading / downloading data from external databases.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Skilled in data analysis and presentation.
Salary: £20,319 - £25,000 FTE per annum (£17,237.81 - £21,208.98 pro-rata)
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks per year)
Catch22 MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Austen Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.