Starting September 2022 or ASAP
25 hours per week Mon-Fri 10:30am - 4pm (incl. 30min break)
39.4wks per year term time (including 2-week October half term)
Starting Salary: £32,173- 35,419 FTE Actual Salary: £19,418 - £21,377 (Pay Grade ELM8)
Plus, overtime for attendance at out of hours meetings - 12 per year
ElmWey Learning Trust is a multi-academy trust, comprising two local secondary schools including Heathside Weybridge, a successful, oversubscribed 11-18 secondary school and Heathside Walton opening in September 2022.
We are looking to appoint an experienced and competent Administration Manager at Heathside Weybridge to lead school support staff and manage day to day administrative functions and act as clerk to both schools Local Advisory Boards. This an exciting opportunity for an experienced administrator looking for a role in an education setting, or an aspiring School Business Manager seeking a pathway for professional development.
Duties will include:
• Leading school support staff, identifying training needs through the appraisal process, supporting with recruitment and induction training.
• Overseeing reception and the school office team ensuring effective communication, efficient response to enquiries, liasing with Admissions, Pastoral and central Trust teams as required. Ensuring visitors and parents receive a warm and friendly welcome.
• Overseeing the first aid provision, ensuring training of first aid staff and liasing with departments, student services, SEND and Catering with regards to supporting with student health plans.
• With the support of our Trip Admin Assistant overseeing administration for school trips, activities, school photos, equipment sales and locker rentals supporting the Educational Visits Coordinator and Trip Leader.
• Approving and monitoring absence and additional hour requests for support staff, ensuring consistent application of leave policies and assisting with the roll-out of cloud-based software to minimise the use of paper forms.
• Acting as Clerk to the Local Advisory Boards (LABs) (sometimes known as local governing body) for both schools in the Trust (Weybridge and Walton), this will require attendance at 2 x half termly LAB meetings that currently start at 4pm, full training will be provided for the clerking role including termly clerking briefings
• Acting as a central point of contract to ensure effective communication between the school and central services including: HR, Finance, Payroll, ICT, Data, Estates, Procurement and Compliance.
Candidates should have strong administration and ideally line management experience and in addition should:
• possess strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• be confident, enthusiastic, able to adapt and a strong team player
• show initiative and be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ when necessary
• be organised with the ability to prioritise a busy workload with excellent numeracy and IT skills. Experience of Microsoft 365 including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, ideally in Teams/SharePoint, environment would be advantageous
In return ElmWey Learning Trust offers:
• Local Government Pension Scheme, including generous employer contributions
• Excellent benefit package to include Cycle to Work and access to shopping and lifestyle discount schemes
• On-site parking
• Supportive and experienced central Trust team
Application forms and further details are available from the school or our website: Heathside School To apply please email completed application forms and letter of application to: job applications email. CVs cannot be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 10am on 11th July 2022. Applications may be considered as they are received therefore we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. Applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and Enhanced DBS disclosure.
ElmWey Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS disclosure. It is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.