Stoke Bishop Church of England Primary School is a very happy and successful school in the north of the city. Parking is available free of charge on adjacent roads. The postholder will work in the school office and report to the School Secretary.
We are currently looking for someone to work in the school office who will be able to deal with visitors, handle telephone calls, provide First Aid, deliver messages, manage photocopying and complete general tasks. The most important thing we are looking for is flexibility and a willingness to help others. Specific training will be given to support you in developing the role.
The postholder will undertake a range of clerical and general duties under the guidance of the School Secretary including:
- acting as receptionist; taking enquiries from visitors in person or on the telephone and passing these to the appropriate person
- filing, photocopying, opening post, taking messages to classrooms
- administer first aid to pupils and record incidents in accordance with the school's policy
- using a PC to produce letters, reports, newsletters and inputting data to spreadsheets
- using databases ie SIMS to record information such as attendance, pupil data etc
Interviews will take place on Thursday 17th December 2020 (shortlisting on 10th December)
SALARY AND WORKING ARRANGEMENTS
BG3 paid at living wage, currently £9.30 per hour, actual salary £13,844 per annum
32.5 hours per week, term time only + inset days + 2 days at the end of August.
8.45am to 4.00pm daily (45 minutes for lunch)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Some roles may need to comply wit the Childcare Act 2006 and the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 where additional disclosure of information will be required.