Salary: Grade D 4-6 £9.81-£10.21 per Hour
Hours: 37 hrs a week Monday to Thursday 08.30-4.30 Friday 08.30-4.00
Term Time plus 1 Week.
Start Date: ASAP
Wellington Lions Primary Academy are looking for a skilled, and motivated Administrator to provide administrative support to both the School and the Office Manager. You will provide a full Reception service for the school. We are seeking a well organised, efficient , flexible, friendly and motivated individual who will provide an excellent support service to our children, staff and visitors.
The purpose-built school is based within the new housing development in NEQ (North East Quadrant), Tidworth and caters for pupils from Reception through to Year 6. At Wellington Primary Academy we firmly believe that every child in our care has the right to be truly inspired by an engaging and purposeful curriculum. We have dedicated staff who are passionate about providing our children with enriching and exciting experiences so that they can all achieve success in their learning journey. We actively encourage our children to be enthusiastic, resilient, collaborative and aspirational and believe that this supports them on their path to becoming life-long learners.
What we offer:
- The chance to work within a well-run, friendly supportive environment.
- To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop
- Onsite parking
- Pension Scheme
- Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
- Be the first point of contact students, parents, and other visitors to represent the school and to provide a professional service as the first line of response for telephone enquiries and visitors to the school, ensuring that safeguarding procedures for visitors are followed.
- To ensure school security arrangements are always complied with, including the issue of visitor’s badges and signing of the visitor’s book
- To accept and sign for deliveries as appropriate
- To provide hospitality for visitors to the school
- To undertake filing, photocopying and reprographic work as required, including the basic maintenance of the photocopier
- Sending of outgoing post and sorting incoming post, which may include the purchase of stamps
- To assist with the administration of school visits in liaison with the teaching staff
- To undertake routine data input and typing as and when required
- To administer first aid as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Educated to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- GCSE English and Maths at a Grade C or above
- IT literate including Excel, Publisher and Word
- Ability to communicate clearly and verbally to children, staff and parents
- Good interpersonal skills with external individuals at all levels and within the team
- Proven ability to work on their own initiative
- Be well presented as will be the first impression of the school.
- Team player
- Highly organised with a can do attitude and a great eye for detail.
Please download the application form. Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is 10 am Friday 24th September
Wellington Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Please note any position that involves working with children requires a declaration if ALL convictions and cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as ‘spent’. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
References will be obtained before the interview, at the shortlisting stage, and will be used as part of the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one reference must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current employer. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Wellington Primary and Wellington Eagles Primary Academies Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.