Oakfield Primary School
Opportunity to Achieve
Ysgol Gynradd a Meithrin Maesydderwen
Cyfle I Gyflawni
NOR 484 - Age Range 3 – 11 (including nursery)
Post Ref: ED50025213
Part Time (14 hours per week – two days/39 weeks per year
Term Time only)
£21,166 - £24,799
To start 1st September 2020 - Permanent Contract
Oakfield is a vibrant and exciting primary school, enjoying excellent relationships with children, parents, carers and the wider community. Located in the St. Mellons area of Cardiff, our team works closely with other professionals and agencies for the benefit of the children and their families.
Applications are invited for the permanent position of Administrative Officer to work alongside the Senior Management Team in this very exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for a person who is able to:-
• Establish genuine relationships with children and their families;
• Take a lead role in planning, development, design, organisation and monitoring of support systems/procedures/policies;
• Provide detailed analysis and evaluation of data and produce detailed reports/information as required;
• Be responsible for the selection and management of resources, including management of a budget and regular audit of resource;
• Display a calm, friendly, professional, well organised and caring approach to their work;
• Manage support staff and liaise between managers/teaching staff;
• Show commitment to providing high quality administrative and financial support and manage financial administration procedures;
• Be well motivated and able to work professionally with our highly committed staff;
This post is a permanent contract. This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms can be downloaded. In all cases, application forms should to be emailed to school for the attention of Mr. David Harris, Headteacher
Closing date: Midday – Monday 6th July 2020
(NB – Closing time and date will be strictly adhered to)
Interviews week beginning: Monday 13th July 2020
Please note that if you have not received communication from the school by Thursday 9th July, then you should presume that you have been unsuccessful in being shortlisted.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.