Newbury College is committed to high quality learning opportunities for individuals and employers, offering around 1,000 full time and part time courses in West Berkshire and the surrounding areas.
We are looking for an experienced administrator to work within our Work Based Learning (WBL) department. This is a part-time role, working 31 hours per week over 4 or 5 days. Please note that this role is based on working 52 weeks per year. If you have experience of working within an administrative function around apprenticeships this would be beneficial, however this is not essential to the role. Please see the full job description attached for a break down of day to day duties within this role, and feel free to contact us for more information.
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Proficient use of Microsoft packages
* Ability to work with a variety of databases
* Outstanding attention to detail
* Free on site parking
* 22 days holiday (pro rata)
* Local Government Pension Scheme (5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
* Subsidised Starbucks café on site
* Friendly and flexible working environment
Although the advertised closing date is the 23rd September 2019, Newbury College reserves the right to proceed to shortlist and close the job when the required number of applicants has been met.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.