Part Time Adult and Child Care Tutor – £27.54 per hour – various times and days available
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Adult and Childcare tutor to deliver and assess qualifications from Level 1 to Level 3 across a variety of qualifications across both Adult Health and Social Care and Children and Young People, to a range of adult learners (19+) from in and around London. These qualifications will provide learners with the skills and knowledge that they require to enable them secure sustainable employment or career advancement within the Adult or Childcare sector or progress onto Higher Education. You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessment across our provision with opportunities to support learners and develop your skills across the service.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to learners, ensuring that they are challenged and that they complete their portfolio in a timely manner to the standard required to enable learners to achieve their qualification.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing resources and assignment briefs where appropriate.
• Delivery training and support both face to face and remotely to groups and/or
• Supporting the curriculum initial advice and guidance process for prospective learners to ensure we have the right candidates on the right courses.
• Carryout continuous diagnostic assessments as part of the learners’ journey.
• Tracking learner’s progress through timely and accurate reports.
• Ensuring all documentation (assignment briefs, tracking documents, progress reviews, Individual Learning Plans, attendance registers, portfolios etc.) are completed to a satisfactory level and in a timely fashion.
• Conduct Internal Quality Assurance activity as directed by the department Co-
• A recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferably
PGCE or equivalent
• Recognised Internal Verification qualification
• An up-to-date CPD record (30 hours year)
• Health & Social Care qualification at level 4 or above
• Strong digital skills
• Experience of delivering on-line learning
• Must be able to work remotely and conduct lessons in a digital format
What we offer:
We offer excellent employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/936
The closing date is 9am Monday 13 July. Interviews will be held between 22nd – 24th July 2020.
To apply for this post, please visit our website
Westminster Adult Education Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.