Adult Community Learning ESOL Tutor - Herefordshire
We have a vacancy available and are looking for an energetic ESOL Tutor to complement our adult community learning team in Herefordshire. Please visit our website for more information about our organisation.
HOURS: 25 hours per week (5 days) - to include 2 evenings
LOCATION: Herefordshire (Community Venues)
CONTRACT: Fixed-term contract: 30th May 2021
SALARY: £12.50 per hour
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days + 8 bank holiday days paid holiday (pro-rata)
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of our City and Guilds ESOL Skills for Life Award courses across Herefordshire in community venues. Delivered to unemployed adults and low waged learners aged 19+, you will support adult learners to improve their English skills and achieve a qualification. This role will involve delivering 5 different group sessions per week over 5 days (Monday to Friday). Each session will last for 4 hours. Three sessions will take place during the day, with two sessions taking place during the evenings.
ESOL Teaching qualification (i.e. CELTA or TESOL)
English and Mathematics qualification at Level 2
Previous experience of delivering Adult Community Learning
Skills and abilities
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and effective interpersonal skills
Excellent ICT skills
Excellent organisational and administrative skills
Able to work accurately towards targets and deadlines
Ability to communicate effectively with learners from a wide range of abilities
Ability to work as a member of a team
Reliable, punctual and responsible
Committed to inclusion
Patient and understanding
Clean driving license, access to own car and willingness to travel to community venues across Herefordshire (travel expenses paid at 45p per mile)
• Deliver classroom-based qualifications (City and Guilds ESOL Skills for Life).
• Effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
• Devising Learner Journeys/Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
• Contribute to on-going development of schemes of work and curriculum plans.
• Attend and participate in meetings and produce reports as requested.
• Attend training events / courses as required, maintaining own CPD and contribute to curriculum development.
• Be responsible for and effectively manage a caseload of learners.
• Maintain a high standard of training and ensure performance targets are achieved.
• Ensure learners understand the requirements of their programme.
• Provide ongoing advice and guidance to learners from enrolment to progression, along with signposting to external sources of support.
• Monitor and mark learners’ work.
• Complete and maintain individual learning plans and progress reviews.
• At all times ensure that safe working practices are adopted in compliance with relevant health and safety procedures.
• Demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity and treatment and comply with company policy and procedures and relevant legislation relating to equality and diversity.
• Coach, guide and encourage learners to give them the necessary skills, motivation and knowledge to progress, supporting learners to apply for jobs and enrol on further learning courses.
• Facilitate effective timely reviews with learners and provide appropriate pastoral support to learners to enable them to complete their courses.
• To lead on marketing and engaging with external stakeholders to ensure that learners are recruited and enrolled on the courses.
• Any other reasonable request or duties commensurate to the post.
Whitehead-Ross Education And Consulting Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.