Grand Avenue Primary School is looking for an Advanced Apprentice Teaching Assistant to start in September 2019.
Hours of work: 36 hours per week Monday to Friday (6hrs per week to spent on off-the job training activities)
Annual holiday entitlement: 12 month employment contract. Holidays to be taken outside of term-time (39 weeks worked per year).
Pay: £9,600 per annum / £5.90 per hour / £212.40. per week for the duration of the contract
We are looking to recruit an advanced apprentice teaching assistant to join our team at Grand Avenue Primary School. Any age of candidate is welcome to apply for an apprenticeship and the candidate can have no experience of working in schools or already have experience of working in school. The key stipulation of the apprenticeship is that the candidate does not already hold a Level 3 qualification in supporting teaching and learning in schools as you will work to achieving this as part of the role. The training is fully funded by the school.
- Working under the guidance of SLT (Senior Leadership Team) and colleagues, in order to support and extend the children’s learning.
- Provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils resources and the classroom
- Contribute to the management of pupils' behaviour and reinforcing agreed policies and procedures whilst being an effective role model for pupil behavior
- Enable access to learning for all pupils and help to encourage children’s development, independence, self-reliance, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Deliver work, care or support programmes to individual pupils or groups, including those with special educational needs
- Support in the development of other key skills which aid pupils’ learning, e.g. Numeracy, Literacy
- Help translate tasks at pupil level by restructuring them into achievable steps
- Observing children’s activities and contributing to their written records.
- Take appropriate action related to any problems or emergencies that occur during the sessions in accordance with the School’s policies and procedures
- Provide admin and general organisation support when required to do so
- Recognise confidentiality, safeguarding procedures, H & S and the policies of the Governing Body
Skills & abilities required:
- Good IT, Literacy and Numeracy and Communication Skills
- Understanding of relevant polices/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Basic understanding of child development / learning & an ability to relate well to children & adults
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Ability to use own initiative, be organised and communicate effectively
- Work constructively and flexibly as part of a team, understanding classroom roles & responsibilities & your own position within these
- Understand the importance of being punctual and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team
- Candidate must already hold a Level 2 qualification in a relevant field, such as supporting teaching and learning or childcare.
Prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school.
Please contact Shona Pitcher to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: 12.00 noon Friday 7th June 2019.
Please complete the attached application form. CVs will not be considered.
Grand Avenue Primary & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.