Advanced Skills Practitioner
SALARY RANGE: £23,534 - £30,394
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Deputy Heads of Schools
LINE MANAGER: ABA Supervisor
LOCATION: Wandsworth Common, London
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: Six months
HOLIDAY: The school year for pupils is approximately 40 weeks. All school closures are non-working days.
Pension: 3, 4 or 5% matched contributions after 3 months in post, loans for Season Tickets / Bike purchase
To apply an expertise in ABA/VB and share this expertise through instruction and training to ABA Tutors, external professionals and stakeholders. To complement the delivery of the school’s curriculum. To provide support for pupils, colleagues and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils. Utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills in assisting with planning, monitoring, assessing pupils to become independent learners, to provide support for their welfare, and to support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life.
What we expect of you
• To work alongside Supervisors to develop and prepare resources and training for a range of teaching, including paired learning activities in accordance with IEPs and in response to pupil need.
• To deliver training on and be able to demonstrate the ability to motivate and progress pupils’ learning by using clearly structured, interesting teaching and learning activities.
• Safeguarding the security, safety and wellbeing of pupils at all times during school hours, in school and out in the community reporting any concerns in accordance with the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
• To monitor general health and safety within the classroom, rectifying any concerns or reporting to Health and Safety Officer / Site Manager as needed
• To understand, adhere to and actively implement all the policies and procedures of the school at all times
• To be trained and take responsibility for a key aspect of Health and Safety in the schools such as a Designated Safeguarding Person, Fire Warden, First Aid, Evac Chair,
• Provide physical support and maintain personal equipment used by the children at the school.
• Administer medication as agreed.
• Foster and maintain constructive and supportive relationships with parents/carers, exchanging appropriate information, facilitating their support for their child’s attendance, access and learning, and supporting home to school and community links.
Research and Learning
• To Support the Research and Learning Hub, through termly visits to at least one partner school, delivering training, advice and guidance.
• To present and distribute findings from the Research and Learning Hub on podcasts, at conferences or at other public speaking events
• To actively participate in staff meetings and staff training sessions
• To undertake additional tasks as directed by the Deputy Heads of Schools, SLT and ABA Supervisor
• To operate and comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR) and relevant BeyondAutism policies during the course of undertaking the role
Beyond Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.