Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. To keep the workshop clean and tidy and ensure standards of hygiene are met and maintained
2. To assist lecturers in all practical classes, in a supervisory/teaching capacity
3. Be responsible for equipment, fitting and consumables
4. Log all tools and equipment in and out of tool stores
5. To maintain machines and tooling
6. Keep inventory and stock of all tools, machines and fitting
7. To check that all equipment is in a safe working order at all times
8. Liaise with Head of School and Lecturers in ordering tools, fittings, consumables and keep accurate budgetary records
9. Develop work areas and rigs for students use
10. Maintain machines, tools and work areas
11. Plan and progress a series of jobs, keeping the line manager informed of activity
12. Attend and contribute to the section meetings
13. Prepare materials for classes as requested by teaching staff
14. Work in other trade areas for the effective support of students and cover for absent colleagues, this could involve supporting/cover of teaching staff as/when required at times of staff shortage/sickness
15. Maintain high standards of health & safety in own work and in the workshop area
16. Support teaching team with formative and summative assessments
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate