AFTER SCHOOL CARE
To support the provision of After School Care at Howell’s School. Your line manager is the ASC Manager. She is responsible for your annual review.
Work with other staff and help to promote and develop care which meets the standards set by the school and the Care Standards Inspectorate of Wales.
To help to supervise the children at all times and particularly at key points:
• on arrival and departure;
• in the cloakroom, bathroom and toilets;
• in play environment and outdoor areas;
• to prepare the room, materials needed, care and cleanliness of equipment and surrounding areas.
To assist in the planning, preparation and supervision of a programme of activities which provide stimulating opportunities for the girls.
To help to create a safe and welcoming environment in which all children learn to interact and develop physically, mentally and socially. This will include:
• free and structured play;
• telling stories and rhymes to the children;
• being involved in practical activities relevant to the setting such as art, craft, cookery and modelling etc.
In addition, ASC assistants will need to help with:
• care and storage of equipment;
• serving healthy snacks and drinks for children;
• keeping accurate registers of children’s attendance;
• administer first aid as and when required;
• to advise the ASC Manager of any discussions or phone calls with parents that are relevant;
• to care for all children in the setting until collected by parent or guardian;
• have a knowledge and understanding of ALL school policies relating to After School Care.
The After School Care assistants may need to undertake other duties and responsibilities that may be reasonably requested by their line manager, or Deputy Principal, Head of Prep School.
Howell's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.