Employer: Venerable Edward Morgan Catholic Primary FUN Club, Shotton, Flintshire
Salary: £10:20 per hour
Location: Venerable Edward Morgan Catholic Primary School
Working Pattern: Part Time/Term Time
Hours: 18 hours per week. 3 hours per day plus 3 hours per week admin
Enhanced Closing Date:
07/10/2020 at 12:00 Noon
An experienced, caring and highly motivated Out of School (FUN) Club Manager (NVQ3) is required to work 18 hours per week, within our hard working team. The successful candidate will be committed to providing a safe, stimulating environment for our pupils during our extended hour’s provision, have high expectations of themselves and our pupils, and work effectively in a team. Along with the school senior management and other staff, you will be responsible for planning, organising, preparing and creating appropriate play opportunities, working within our policies and procedures. The successful candidate will also manage the booking in system, paying of fees and accounts, with the support of the school’s business manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate a programme of activities aimed at meeting the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of the children, taking into account their individual needs.
• To provide an effective role model for other staff in developing and maintaining good relationships and communications with parents/carers and external agencies.
• To be flexible and willing to undertake tasks according to the needs of the After School (FUN) Club which may include domestic duties.
• To be responsive and aware of the individual needs of children using eye contact and body language to encourage their attention and participation.
• To liaise with parents to give positive feedback.
• To support all staff, working as part of a team, adapting your role as necessary, and taking on specific responsibilities as required.
• To inform the Headteacher/Senior Management Team of any problems, concerns or issues which may affect your ability to carry out your responsibilities effectively or which may be affecting the quality of care in the club.
• To maintain a high standard of care at all times, and contribute to maintain an environment which is caring, stimulating, welcoming and safe.
• To attend all out of working hour’s activities when possible e.g. training, staff meetings, evenings and social events.
• To take up opportunities for continuing professional development and to keep up to date with current regulations and standards of good practice.
Venerable Edward Morgan Catholic Primary places the highest priority to safeguarding children and the successful candidate will be subjected to rigorous and enhanced DBS checks.
Wednesday 7th October 2020, 12:00 Noon
Friday 9th October 2020
How to apply:
Thank you for your interest in our job vacancy. Please complete the application as fully as possible and explain any gaps in your employment history. We would like to understand more about how your skills, knowledge and experience to meet the job description and person specification for the role.
Ven. Edward Morgan R.C. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.