After School Club Manager
Salary Scale: ME7 - ME8 Experience Pending (pro rata).
Hours: 3pm - 6pm. Monday to Friday, 15 hours per week, term time only.
Job start date: ASAP
Merton Park is a one-form entry primary school where children behave well and are eager to learn.
The staff are welcoming and supportive and you will have opportunities to develop your skills and expertise.
Purpose of Job:
• Supervise children attending After School Club.
• Managing and leading a team of staff and taking responsibility for all relevant paperwork and administration.
• Develop, implement and review the policies procedures and practices within the provision.
• Take a lead role in the promotion of the provision, and liaise with parents
• To plan and prepare appropriate activities for children’s social education and to encourage co-operation.
• To be responsible for children’s safety, monitor their well-being and ensure good behaviour.
• To adhere to all school policies but in particular the Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy, Health & Safety Policy, Positive Behaviour Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy
• Managing a team of 3 staff - Up to 36 children split between 2 rooms (KS1 and KS2)
• Effectively manage and develop the skills of a small team to ensure smooth running of the provision.
• To supervise children on the school premises, for the duration of the club.
• To support children’s social education through active involvement in shared opportunities for play and through developing their relationships with others.
• To plan and prepare activities that will engage the children and encourage them to play co-operatively.
• To prepare simple food within healthy eating guidelines.
We need someone who is:
• Hardworking and reliable
• Patient and professional
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Has excellent planning and organisational skills
• Has experience in managing a team
Closing date: Thursday 9th June, 2022
Interviews: Thursday 16th June, 2022
Merton Park Primary is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) check prior to employment commencing.