Thank you for taking an interest in this role. The Crescent Primary School opened in September 2011. We pride ourselves on being innovative and always trying to do the very best for all of the children in our care.
We are looking for an After School Club Play Worker for our After School Club from September 2019. Duties include:
• Assisting in preparing the After School Club facilities and activities to ensure agreed high quality standards are met.
• Providing students with the opportunity to have a variety of free play and structured play – physical activity, creative activities, reading and other forms of support.
• Supervising the children as they eat their dinner encouraging social skills; conversation and table manners.
If you are interested in applying, please read the attached information on “How to apply”, the job profile and person specification.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, patient and enthusiastic as well as enjoy helping children learn and thrive on variety. You must be a team player, very flexible and able to work on your own initiative.
The closing date for applications is 16:00HRS on Friday 30th August 2019
The Crescent Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of our Safer Recruitment procedure, shortlisted candidates are required to bring to their interview, documents to confirm identify, name, date of birth and address. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an up- to-date DBS Disclosure.
Hours and Salary
After School Club Hours: 2:45pm – 5.30pm (13 hours 45 minutes a week)
Salary: Based on NJC Local Government Scale: Grade 1c - Pts 2-3. Full-time equivalent salary: £20,466.00-£20,835.00 per annum.
ACTUAL Pro rata equivalent Starting Salary: £6,926.34 per annum.
Working hours: 2:45pm – 5.30pm Term Time only – Monday to Friday
13 hours 45 minutes per week
How to Apply
• Applicants must download and complete The Crescent Primary School job application form. Please include a short statement of support with your application (no more than one side of A4) relating your knowledge, skills and experience to the job description/person specification.
• You will be contacted by email if we would like you to come for an interview.
• The closing date is 16:00hrs on Friday 30th August 2019.
• Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date.
Please email your application to:
Adele Saint-Hilaire, Extended Services Manager
Please mark the subject heading ‘Extended School Services – After-School Club Play worker’
EMAIL APPLICATIONS ONLY
The Crescent Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.