After School Sports Leader
NJC SCPB1 4-6 £18,426-£19,171, pro-rata
15 hours (Term time only) Working pattern: 15:15pm-18:15pm Mon- Fri
Start - September 2021
Talbot Primary is seeking to appoint an After School Sports Leader to support in the delivery of our After School provision. Are you active in sports coaching with children aged 6 to 11? Do you have some knowledge of multi-skills and wellbeing to lead activities for our children after school? If so, we need you!
• Be enthusiastic individuals who run well planned daily after school sports clubs providing opportunities for children to take part in recreational sport
• Help the school to continue to enhance the profile of Physical Activity, PE and Mindfulness across the school
• Encourage participation within that planning, with the children themselves; and fill that planning with the passion to develop the children’s abilities.
• Work as a team to ensure daily site checks and the safety of our children is secured
• Evaluate and provide input with the team
• Relevant Sports qualification/GCSE grade C+ equivalent/NVQ Level 2
As part of this role, we need someone who will be able to confidently carry out daily site checks within the setting, ensure the safety of the children, staff and site visitors. At the end of each session, our successful candidates would then also evaluate and provide input with the team collectively. This means the ability to work in a team is crucial.
In return we offer:
• a supportive and friendly team of colleagues;
• excellent professional development opportunities;
• enthusiastic and engaged children; and
• supportive parents and governors.
Talbot Primary is a successful and very popular primary. We are committed to providing the highest standards of learning and are proud of our achievements (visit our website for more information). We promote diversity and we want a work force that represents the population of Leeds. Applications are welcome from all irrespective of sex, sexuality, gender identity, race, religion, marital status, age or disability.
Talbot Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and we expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check as part of our safer recruitment procedures. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found in the how to apply section.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
The closing date for applications will be Friday 18th June, 2021.
Interviews will take place on Friday 25th June, 2021.
Talbot Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.