Apprentice Learning Support Assistant (L3)
Contract length: 18 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Apprenticeship
Salary: £4.15 per hour
37 hours per week, 8:30 - 4:30 (Mon – Thurs), 8:30 - 4:00 (Friday), 52 weeks a year
The apprentice will be working towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification whilst using their professional skills to create an exceptional educational environment. Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing agreed support to the teacher in the delivery of planned whole class learning activities.
- Working under the direct supervision of a teacher to carry out planned learning activities with small groups or individual pupils
- Supporting the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of pupils, including contributing ideas and suggestions to support planning
The responsibilities of the role is to support the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning either in groups or individually, ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives and stay on task in order to make progress. You will receive a blended method of learning including coach visits and attending workshops, working towards achieving nationally recognised qualifications in:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
PERSONAL QUALITIES & DESIRED SKILLS
- Experience working within a school setting
- High standard of numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Exceptional communication skills
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
WHY CHOOSE US
At Danemill Primary School we are passionate about working together to provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment so that all our children reach their full potential.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
IN RETURN, WE WILL GIVE YOU:
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- On-site parking
- Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts
Application deadline: 26th July 2020
Interview date: 2nd August 2021
Expected start date: To be confirmed
Enderby Danemill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).