Apprentice Pre school Assistant
Redlands Community Primary School
Level 2 Apprenticeship - 18 months
32.5 hours a week (8:30am to 3:30pm - this may be adjusted due to Covid-19)
Fixed term from April 2021 – September 2022
Apprentice rate - £4.15 per hour
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to offer general support to our staff in the provision of care, safety and learning of children whilst working towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification!
The apprenticeship takes approximately 18 months to complete and you will receive a blended method of learning including tutor visits and attending workshops, working towards achieving nationally recognised qualifications in:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills maths
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills English
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To assist is the well-being, safety and security of the children
- Assist in the implementation of high-quality care and learning
- To help prepare the work area for the arrival of the children, to provide a varied and stimulating play environment
- Help to toilet children in accordance with school procedures and intimate care policy
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- GCSE in Math and English, or equivalent (essential)
- Willingness to adopt knowledge of good practice in Early Years care and education
- Ability to communicate positively with children
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
WHY CHOOSE US:
At Redlands we believe in putting the children at the heart of everything that we do, and this includes providing the children with a creative curriculum that is both exciting and inspiring. Our children have their learning brought to life by carefully planned opportunities that enthuse, engage and motivate our children to want to find out more. Staff are fully committed to ensuring that children reach their true potential.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
Closing date for applications: 18th March 2021
Interview date: 24th March 2021
Start Date: April 2021
End date: September 2022
Redlands Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.