Whitefield Primary School and Chantry Primary Academy work as a Federation of schools and are on the verge of forming a Multi Academy Trust. We are looking to expand our Premises Team by appointing an enthusiastic apprentice who is keen to learn and to take a productive role in this busy team. The successful applicant will work within the team and will undertake a range of duties including :
• DIY repairs and maintenance including painting and decorating
• Helping to care for our gardens and playing fields including litter picking
• Supporting site staff to carry out weekly safety checks such as fire bells, playground equipment and Legionella
• Supporting teaching staff by moving furniture, delivering resources and setting up rooms for activities or meetings
• Working with other members of staff to ensure the school is warm, clean and secure
• Welcoming contractors who visit the school to carry out work
As this is an apprenticeship, you will be learning ‘on the job’ by: following instruction and direction from; observing and listening to; and working alongside experienced staff members. A willingness to learn is essential.
This role will require you to be able to travel to either school at different times, according to the schools’ needs.
Whitefield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.