Brief Overview of the Role
The role of Teaching Assistant is to support the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning either in groups or individually, ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives and stay on task in order to make progress. Promoting self-belief, social inclusion and a high self-esteem play an integral part to pupils’ well-being.
Monday - Friday, between 8.30 until 3.30. Total hours per week: 32.50
What We Are Looking For:
- Someone with a spark to ignite learning and make primary school a great experience for all pupils
- A knowledgeable Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant with experience of supporting children to reach their potential.
- A Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant that is committed to assisting children to learn and develop.
- A Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant with experience of working with a diverse group of children.
- A Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant who will share our commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos.
Requirements and Prospects
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about how children develop
- How to support children in literacy and/or numeracy; how children learn and how to motivate them, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of/willingness to learn about behaviour management strategies
- Able to communicate and break down information to make it learnable
- Professional attitude
- Confidence in your own ability to want to learn and develop
- Enthusiastic and have an interest in working with children
- Reliable, committed and punctual attitude
- Hard working ethic
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing situations
Education to GCSE standard with a minimum of GCSE grade A*-C (9-4) in maths and English or equivalent qualification
Successful completion of the Apprenticeship can lead to a full time permanent position within school.
Things to Consider
Why You’ll Want To Join Us:
- We are a Good Academy in all areas with Outstanding in EYFS
- You’ll work in a supportive environment
- You’ll receive genuine support and opportunities to develop you, and open up career opportunities in the Oasis Community and beyond
- You’ll be part of a team that believes every child should go to a great school as we work tirelessly to provide the children with an outstanding education.
- You understand education is not solely about excellent attainment results but includes much more than that
- Community is key, Oasis Academy Bank Leaze is part of the Oasis Community, we strongly believe in investing in local communities to bring about positive change. As part of the North Bristol Hub alongside Oasis Academy Long Cross and Oasis Academy Brightstowe we strive to communicate well, share ideas and support our local community, as best we can.
All apprenticeships require an Enhanced DBS check before the commencement of the role due to working with children
Let Me Play Apprentice is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.