We are a Federation of two Outstanding schools for pupils with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, some with associated autism. Manor Mead is our Primary School for 4-11 year olds; our Secondary School is Walton Leigh, for 11-19 year olds. Each school has been graded as Outstanding on our last three Ofsted inspections.
Due to a temporary expansion of pupil numbers at Manor Mead School, we are very excited to be opening a local satellite Primary provision in September 2021. This is being developed in partnership with Surrey County Council as part of their ambition to create additional specialist school places across the county. The temporary ‘satellite’ provision will be located in Christchurch Road, Virginia Water GU25 4PX
Our ideal apprentice will have plenty of energy and a willingness to learn. You will work towards NVQ level 2/3 in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools. We will provide high quality training and will support you to become an expert and valued member of our team. We offer fantastic benefits, including:
• A supportive team of staff
• A thorough induction process
• Access to excellent professional development
• Generous pension scheme
• Surrey Rewards discount programme
• Built in holiday pay entitlement
• 'Outstanding' school on your CV
We are looking for people who:
• Can form effective relationships with young people and enjoy working with them.
• Are committed to working in a team to support the development and potential of children of all abilities
• Can motivate and inspire pupils to learn
• Have excellent communication skills
• Are calm and can maintain a sense of humour under pressure
• Are committed to working towards their NVQ qualification
Closing date: Tuesday 31st August 2021. Early application is recommended as we reserve the right to interview and appoint at any stage during the recruitment process
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Manor Mead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share that commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.