Do you have what it takes to support the Director of Business & Partnerships to bring our shared vision to life?
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and skilled Apprenticeship & Business Manager to join the Business & Partnership team of Newbury College. The right candidate for this role will have a proven track record in leading effective employer training and developing new business. They will be able to lead, inspire and motivate the team and wider curriculum.
Why Newbury College?
Newbury College is based in the heart of Berkshire and currently serves around 3000 Learners, has an annual turnover of c£9m and is rated Good by Ofsted. We are financially secure, with outstanding financial health, have strong links to the community and are committed to high quality learning opportunities for all individuals and employers in West Berkshire and the surrounding areas. We're on a mission to be an outstanding education provider!
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A welcoming environment where the students enjoy learning, are positive, cheerful and well behaved.
• Professional, hardworking and motivated team of lecturers, assessors and support staff committed to developing and raising standards.
• Positive relationships with the wider community.
• Support the Director of Business and Partnerships in delivery of excellent customer service and growth of the apprenticeship provision.
• Lead the team in the development of new business opportunities
• Deliver and promote Apprenticeship awareness sessions
• Manage and motivate the support team, to deliver high quality apprenticeship and business training
• Work as a member of the College Management team.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
• Hold as a minimum, a degree or equivalent qualification
• Have a full understanding of quality assurance, funding rules and quality procedures.
• Have an innovative and creative approach.
• Be committed to high standards of assessment and learning and the professional development of staff.
• Have high expectations that motivate, support and challenge the team and students alike.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Don’t miss the opportunity to find out more about us by visiting our website and reading our information pack.
• Potential candidates for this role are strongly encouraged to visit the College or to contact us for an informal conversation.
* Free on site parking
* 35 days holiday
* Local Government Pension Scheme (5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
* Subsidised Starbucks café on site
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.