To support the College’s apprenticeship targets by providing efficient and effective placement services for apprenticeships.
To support the College’s traineeship targets by providing efficient and effective placement services for traineeships.
To co-ordinate the apprenticeship vacancy matching process.
To work with the Work Placement Co-ordinator to provide and to be part of a seamless approach with students that enhances all opportunities around employability skills and employment opportunities.
To maintain high standards of service to learners and potential learners and to employers who provide apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities.
Maintain positive working relationship with key stakeholders including schools, Positive Steps, NAS, JCP and the National Careers Service.
Apprenticeships division is evolving and the post-holder must remain responsive to changing demands of the role within the Grade.
1. To co-ordinate the Apprenticeship admissions and recruitment process in conjunction with the College Admissions team.
2. To attract new candidates to apprenticeships and maximise those placed into an apprenticeship.
3. Responsible for generating apprenticeship and traineeship applications, paper based pre-screening, telephone interviewing and arranging face to face interviews between the employer and candidates.
4. To work to targets and timescales and provide reports on applications, candidates and successful outcomes for both apprenticeships and traineeships.
5. To upload apprenticeship vacancies to the National Apprenticeship Vacancy Service, the College website and other platforms as directed. To ensure all platforms are updated, monitored and closed out accordingly.
6. To upload traineeship vacancies to the government find a traineeship service, the College website and other platforms as directed. To ensure all platforms are updated, monitored and closed out accordingly.
7. To coach and develop those seeking an apprenticeship or traineeship and offer advice and guidance on apprenticeships or traineeships.
8. To work with Student Support Tutors to co-ordinate the admissions process for study programme students who wish to move into an apprenticeship or traineeship
9. To co-ordinate apprenticeship recruitment events for suitable candidates and invite for interview and assessment.
10. To ensure all apprenticeship or traineeship applicants are dealt with to the highest standard within an agreed timeframe.
11. Work closely with the Engagement Team to ensure that:-
• Employers are kept fully informed of progress of recruitment to their vacancy.
• Interview dates are secured.
• Successful induction of placed apprentice or trainee.
• Consultants are informed of the number of candidates available in talent pool and the type / sector of vacancies required.
12. Build and maintain an effective relationship with our employers, and internal and external stakeholders.
13. Work with relevant College support services to ensure that the apprenticeship engagement process is fully supported and promoted to students.
14. To ensure that all suitable candidates are put forward for employer interviews.
15. To shortlist suitable candidates for vacancies, both apprenticeship and traineeship, and arrange the interviews on behalf of the employer.
16. Provide feedback to candidates following application and interview
17. To support the Work Placement Coordinator in the maintenance of systems that monitor students on placement and to maximise opportunity for those who may wish to seek an apprenticeship following on from work placement opportunities.
18. Ensure that all systems and databases are up to date and correct.
19. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.