Part time - 0.6FTE (22.2 hours per week)
Closing date: Wednesday 12th June 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprenticeship Lecturer in our Business Department, teaching AAT. The successful candidate must be well qualified, highly competent and experienced in Accounting, and capable of sharing their knowledge with our students in an engaging and informative manner. As an Apprenticeship Lecturer, the successful candidate would have access to our generous pension scheme and the possibility of career development opportunities.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Set within the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding Lecturers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us. We pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion, diversity and our investment in the potential of our staff members. The College recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
WHAT WE OFFER
• A generous holiday entitlement (42 days per year FTE)
• 7 efficiency days per year in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
• A College that is committed to developing everyone to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
• A College that promotes and supports flexible working
• On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
• A Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership.
• A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
• A degree or equivalent qualification in a related discipline.
• Vocational experience of working in an Accountancy setting.
• A recognised teaching qualification or be willing to obtain within 2 years of appointment.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• To develop a stimulating an exciting programme for learners.
• To manage and provide good quality teaching and learning to support student achievement.
• To seek to ensure that student retention and achievement targets are met.
• To take responsibility for preparing students for all relevant exams and assessments.
• To contribute towards the College’s strategic objectives.
• Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
• Ensure a high quality of adequate resources and materials are provided to enhance learning, thereby enriching the opportunity and experience of learners.
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.