Salary: £24,000- £27,000 FTE (£12,000- £13,500 for a 0.5 FTE post)
Contract: 18.5 hours per week (flexible work pattern available)
Location: Parkway, although travel to other College sites and to employers based in the local area will be required.
What will you be doing?
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship Trainer. This part time position, will be based at the Parkway site and at employer’s sites around the southern region. This role is suited to an experienced assessor in both Light and Heavy Vehicle, to conduct work-based visits for a cohort of learners. This role will also encompass the development of our new Standards programs and the expectation that support from the Apprenticeship Trainer in this new qualification will be supplied to the employers.
The role will involve:
• Weekly reviews for both Framework and Standards Learners
• Timely achievement of framework completions for a cohort of learners
• Health and Safety visits
• Generating vacancies against set targets
• Undertaking NVQ training and assessing of apprentices within the workplace
• Undertaking Standards training and mentoring in the workplace.
• Completing College CPD activities
• Risk rate and take action to ensure timely completions
We are looking for someone with experience of assessing in the motor industry and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement of 30 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- As well as a range of staff support packages. Click here to see the full list of staff benefits.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level.
We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the college can be found here.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: 1st November 2020 (midnight)
Interview date: 10th and 11th November 2020
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.