Salary: £24,000 - £27,000
Contract: 37 hours per week permanent post
Location: Ashley down campus/ working from home if required
What will you be doing?
You will manage a caseload of apprentices visiting them in the work place assessing/training, coaching and mentoring them to enable them to get to gateway and successfully their end point assessment within their apprenticeship. You will work with key employers across the region and maintain professional working relationships with key stakeholders, as well as working to maximise recruitment, retention, achievement of our apprentices.
• Design, deliver and maintain individualised training/learning plans
• Assess the learning of the apprentice and provide developmental feedback
• Work with the employer to ensure the apprentice has the best opportunity to achieve their goal and ensure that Gateway is signed off ready for EPA.
• Monitor student progress via the use of the appropriate College systems, such as e-portfolio and Pro systems. Ensuring all elements of the apprenticeship are tracked and stakeholders are fully informed as per apprentice progress.
• Maintain a caseload of funded learners as allocated by the Head of department
• Ensure and maintain an environment of high expectation and engagement, inspiring the students to achieve the best possible outcomes
• Proactive approach to apprentice progression and seek out new business to sustain a caseload of apprentices
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
Please see the Job Description for more details about the role.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement of 30 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5 %
- As well as a range of staff support packages. Click here to see the full list of staff benefits.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level.
We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the college can be found here.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: 6th October 2020 (midnight)
Interview date: 13th October 2020
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.