Contract: Fixed Term until 31st Dec 2020, Term Time plus three INSET days (38.6 weeks per year)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week (8:30 - 15:30 Mon to Fri, with 30 mins for lunch)
Salary: SP3 £17,316 FTE (£13,189 pro rata)
Start Date: ASAP
Are you an outgoing, energetic and friendly person who is fluent in both Arabic and English and enjoys working as part of a proactive team?
We are looking to recruit an Arabic speaking Learning Support Assistant to work alongside the children in our school who have Arabic as their first language and are limited in spoken and written English, to help them access the teaching and learning. In addition, the role will include working with small groups of children under the guidance of the class teacher and Inclusion Leader. This is initially a fixed term one year contract, but may be extended beyond this depending on funding.
Westfield Primary School is a larger than average school, located in a quiet residential area, providing for pupils aged 4 to 11 years old. Ofsted recently judged the school as ‘Good’ and commented on the “caring and welcoming atmosphere” which “provides effectively for current pupils” (Ofsted, 2017). At Westfield Primary, we believe in a community that has a love of learning and a love of life. We aim to foster a sense of PRIDE in everything we do to make school an enjoyable experience and allow children to achieve their maximum potential.
We are looking for somebody who:
• Speaks and understands both Arabic and English fluently
• Enjoys working with children
• Has lots of patience and a calm demeanour
• Is good at listening
• Is positive, smiley and happy to work as part of a team
• Is supportive of colleagues
• Is positive, forward thinking and willing to “go the extra mile”
• Has a good level of general education (including Maths & English GCSE Grade A-C or equivalent)
In return our wonderful school can offer:
• A supportive, hardworking and friendly team who are committed to achieving the best for our children.
• Cheerful and welcoming pupils who provide plenty of fun and laughs
• An encouraging and caring ethos
• Training and opportunities for continuing professional development
Westfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS check and all job offers are subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Westfield Primary School is also committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably experienced persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Closing Date: Friday 10th January 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 16th January 2020
Westfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS check and all job offers are subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.