Our ARC service continues to grow and we are now seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational Nursery Manager to lead our ARC All Aboard Nursery. Could this person be you?
Hours/days of work: Permanent Position - 37 hours per week. The Nursery is open Term Time only. Opening hours are 8:45 – 15:30. Additional hours before and after these times will be required.
Location: ARC All Aboard Nursery, Headlands Industrial Estate, Swindon SN2 7JQ
Salary Scale: Brunel Pay Scale E (E1 – E5) Depending on experience.
Start date: 1st September 2022
ARC All Aboard SEND Nursery manager you will work with your team to create an enabling environment where children aged 3-4 presenting with behaviors that indicate they have social communication and interaction needs can be assessed and supported to develop and grow. You will use your leadership skills, knowledge, expertise and passion for quality early learning experiences to deliver a programme of support for children and families that helps them all to be ready to for their learning and social journey ahead.
Our core requirements:
• At least one of the following: NVQ Level 3, BTEC advanced Award, BA, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Certificate of Higher Education, HNC QTS (be aware post not teachers’ pay & conditions)
• Background in supporting children with Special Needs (essential) and strong interest/understanding of the particular needs of children affected by social communication and interaction difficulty including autism.
• 2 years post qualification experience
• Experience in managing teams
• Experience of working and implementing the EYFS statutory framework
• Good knowledge and understanding of the safeguarding children obligations
• Someone who is highly organised, reliable and a driven team-player
• Someone who is an excellent communicator, able to develop confidence in others to adjust, adapt and accommodate difference
• Strong relationship-building and able to build a rapport with parents, families, EY practitioners and other professionals
• Good humoured and flexible, flexible, flexible! This is our bottom line! You must be calm, resilient, unflappable and able to adapt quickly to changes using your initiative on a daily basis.
Swindon Autism Support Service will offer you:
• full access to LGPS and generous benefits
• comprehensive support from a dedicated and committed team of ARC/ASC Team colleagues
• excellent opportunities for professional development
• Opportunity to be part of the exceptional organisation that is the Brunel Academies Trust – where the SEND Child and young person is genuinely at the heart of everything we do.
CLOSE DATE: 7th June 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: 14th June 2022